Wednesday 4 September 2013

Chicken with Hoisin Sauce

Mommy randomly passed a remark to me, " I realize that you are very good with humoring the kids. Probably you can consider to be a childcare teacher." My reply," Of course la. Told you I like kids." I had wanted 4 kids before Jewel's existence. Friends were like." Huh? 4? You out of your mind?" I loves kids and I enjoys the feeling of big family. But after having 2, I strike off the idea of having 4. Reason = Phobia. Scared of a colic baby again, sleepless nights, mastitis, engorgement, blocked ducts. Scary scary. I am not trying to put off anyone who wish have a baby. Every baby is different. Like my friend's, her daughter is so easy to take care. No colic, slept through the night at 2 months old, good appetite. I had another friend who took care of her son until she broke down several times. To conclude taking care of a baby is no easy task! Specially salute to SAHM!

When I was in my adolescence years, my Mommy always said this," Wait till you become a Mommy then you will know." In my mind," Sure or not? What's wrong with you man?" So when now I am a Mommy myself, I finally understand what she meant back then. Seriously, you need to experience motherhood then you can totally, totally means 101%, knows how your Mommy feels all these years. I love and cherish my Mommy and I am thankful and blessed for her unconditional contribution and the love she has been showering me. My Mommy, My Best Friend.

Dinner Menu
  • Chicken with Hoisin sauce
  • Halibut Fillet with Teriyaki Sauce
  • Chinese Kale with Fan Mushroom
  • Radish Soup





Chicken with Hoisin Sauce




Ingredients;

1 Piece Chicken Breast
1 Tbs Oyster Sauce
1 Tbs Sesame oil
1 Teaspoon Sugar
4 Cloves Garlic ( for marinate)
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
A dash of Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut to small pieces around 2 inch length
1 1/2 Tbs Hoisin Sauce, Lee Kum Kee
1 Teaspoon Plum Sauce

Steps;

  1. Wash and cut chicken breast into cubes.
  2. Marinate with oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, pepper and garlic. Set aside for 4 hours.
  3. In a wok, heat up oil and fry the yellow bell pepper for 2 mins.
  4. Add in minced garlic and fry till fragrant.
  5. Add in chicken breast and stir fry till cooked. About 8 mins.
  6. Add Hoisin Sauce and Plum Sauce.
  7. Mix it well with the chicken and stir fry for another 2 mins.
  8. Transfer to a plate and serve.

Note: After using yellow bell pepper, I find that green or red bell pepper will be a better choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...