Thursday 22 August 2013

Fried Tau Kwa with Thai Sauce

School was closed today which means it is Play Day! Since there is no need to go school, I brought Jewel along to the market. She seems to enjoy it. 


My Marketing Assistant
In the past, I used to do my marketing at supermarket. Mommy and MIL don't like me to do so. They kept saying the things there are not as fresh, variety are lesser, fishes are smaller etc. I wasn't really bothered by them and continued to do my marketing there. To me, convenience is of most importance. I am not an early riser which explains why I couldn't manage to set my feet in the wet market. Furthermore, I was working full time back then, thus wet market was impossible.

Life took an unexpected change. I am now a regular at the wet market. I have my particular stalls to go for chicken, vegetables, pork and seafood. With a hand gesture, stall owners know what I want and the quantity I need. All I have to do is to stand by the side and wait. On certain days when I am lucky, the vege stall owner will give me a tomato or carrot for free!


Fried Tau Kwa with Thai Sauce



Ingredients;

2 Tau Kwa (Deep fried Beancurd)
1/2 Onion
4 Chilli Padi
4 Tbs Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Tbs Water
4 Tbs Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 Lemon
1 Stalk Corriander

Steps;

  • Cut Tau Kwa into cubes and deep fried it. Set aside on a plate.
  • Mix all the rest of the ingredients to make the sauce.
  • Pour the sauce over the Tau Kwa and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...