Wednesday 2 October 2013

When Cough Mixture Is Not Working for Your Kid….

Could it be the milk powder which is too sweet or the biscuits that has been causing the phlegm in the kids? I don't give Jewel soft drinks at all not to say Ian but both of them always have alot of phlegm  which makes them cough. And now the cough mixture doesn't seems to take much effect on them.

Recently, Jewel has alot of mucus in her nose and when it reaches night time, the mucus may have flowed backwards to her lungs which caused her to cough and which means the solution is not to find the right cough mixture but to get medications to dissolve her phlegm.

And for unknown reason, at sleeping time, I can hear Ian's airway getting stuck with the phlegm sound.

SO WHAT DID I DO?



Love it when she smiles until like that

Feeling comfortable 

Small and compact



The medicine

The usual cry baby

So relaxing till fell asleep


I bought this nebeulizer to get the phlegm out from their lungs. How is it done? A nebulizer changes liquid medicine into mist and the person has to inhale the mist through the mask. This medicine opens up the airway which is congested with phlegm and the phlegm will drop from the lungs to the intestines and passed out from their poo poo (layman term). Nebulizing actually makes the body comfortable and relax as the airway is loosen up. 

Many parents are worried that the kids might get addicted to the nebeulizer and that oral medications may be immune to them. IT WILL NOT. The medications for the nebulizer have to be prescribed by doctors and cannot be bought over the shelf from the pharmacist so you can be assured by the doctor. Clinics do rent out the machine at around $10/day. I had rented before for 2 weeks for Ian and in the end I went and buy 1 myself as I guess it is more worth it. Cost me less than $200.

I strongly encourage parents to let the kids use the neubulizer if they have alot of phlegm/ congested lungs. Delay in treatment may result them in developing bronchitis. You may check with your family doctor with what I said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...