Saturday 10 August 2013

Feeling Energized

We were glad for the long weekends. Long weekends means a short getaway or a staycation (very in trend nowadays) for many. Nah….not for me and Hub. We prefer to stay at home. Call us lazy and boring, yes we are. Ahh…no…Hub did ask me out but I rejected and refused. If possible I would prefer to have our meals at home too. Isn't it great to stay at home and laze around and play with the kids? 

Before I got married and have my own place, staying at home was meaningless and dull. Nothing to  do and no addictive television programs to watch. Bored die me! Although I loves to sleep, I was afraid to wake up too late, like 12pm plus, and take afternoon naps as that would means harder to fall asleep at night.  I was always out with my friends even if we do not have any agenda, sitting at coffee places was fine for us too. 

Hardly I cook lunch at home during Saturday. But since I have the inspirations and the time, why not.

Today's menu;

Carbonara Pasta
Baked Fish in Parchment

Simple and Awesome!

Baked Fish in Parchment

Ingredients;

2 Dory Fillet ( bought at any supermarket at the frozen fish section)
Salt
Pepper
1 stalk spring onion
1 thumb ginger, sliced
4 gloves garlic, smashed
1 tbs honey
3 tbs tamarind water
2 tbs white vinegar
2 tbs sesame oil
4 chinese mushrooms, sliced

Steps;

  • Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius.
  • Ripped off 2 pieces of parchment paper ( big enough to make a pouch) and placed it on the table.
  • Wash the fillet and seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides and placed it on the parchment paper.
  • Lay the ginger slices then place the fish on top of the ginger.
  • Add garlic and spring onion on top of the fish.
  • Mix the honey,tamarind water,white vinegar and sesame oil and pour it over.
  • Add the mushrooms.
  • Roll the sides of the parchment and fold the top. Tuck in the sides sealing it and form it like a pouch.
  • Place it in the oven for 20 mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...