Sunday 18 August 2013

Baby Carrier


This boy got  fascinated with the metal poles of his Yao Lan. It seems like he is doing some pole dancing or sorts. For Ian, I had invested many baby items. Being a colicky baby, he needs to be carried most of the time. During the initial months, he had put on weight at an amazing pace. Getting heavier, Me and my Mommy had problems carrying him for long. Thrifty by nature, I was reluctant to make unnecessary purchases and moreover, our previous house was small to accommodate too much stuff. Imagine I can only put either a Yao Lan or a Baby Cot. I was not very supportive of Yao Lan but Ian couldn't sleep well so my Mommy said perhaps Yao Lan could help a little. It did, only for the first few days.

 
Pole Dancing for the Beginners 

Tak boleh tahan anymore, I went to buy a baby carrier, Combi Magical Compact Carrier. I had refused to get a carrier, I finds it unglam to wear it. Haha. With Ian, I had no choice. Either breaking arms or a crying baby. I want neither. As you can see from below, it has four ways of usage.


Very useful right...The cradling position was the reason I bought it. And you know what? I didn't try that position before. What an irony. Of the four, I only tried the most common one which is the Face-In Cuddle. This carrier indeed relieved us from having sore and tired arms.  As you can see from the picture, this carrier has a sturdy neck and back support. Newborns neck are soft and fragile and they do not have the muscle developed yet to support themselves thus I felt that the neck support of the carrier quite sturdy.

One main reason why I dislike baby carrier besides it being unglam, is the positioning of the legs for the babies.


Can you see where the problems lies? The legs of the picture on the right opened too wide. The other two on the left are fine.I admit that I am a paranoid mommy. But I can't help it being one. Funny thoughts came to my mind. What if their legs are developed like this in the future?







Jewel was never in a carrier before. Honestly, if possible I will not buy a baby carrier. Thankfully Ian doesn't need to be in the carrier now and after several months of training, I have developed well toned arms!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...