Thursday 10 October 2013

Sesame Oil Chicken 麻油雞

Do you know that woman has 2 chances in their lifetime to 'change' their body health? Bet you are unaware. The 1st chance is during the puberty period and the next is during the confinement period. Many women that I come across often experiencing cold hands and feet and they tends to feel cold easily. My body condition was like that before I gave birth. Back then I often told my friends that if there is a choice, I would rather get hot to death. LOL.

For both of my confinement, I drank the red date with longan water 24/7 for 30 days. No plain and cold water at all. My longan water was a super power tonic water. It wasn't just any longan and red date water, it was with alot more herbs! My confinement food was with alot of ginger, sesame oil and chicken essence. My intake for the herbs was so much that SIL said I was super overloaded with them and was afraid that my nose might bleed anytime! Haha.

All those made a huge difference in my health.  I WASN'T AFRAID OF COLD ANYMORE! I don't need to cover myself with blanket when I sleep in the air con room. When everyone complain it is cold,  I said it is cooling. Amazing! My colleagues saw the difference in me and said that next time they sure to look for me when they are having their confinement.


Sesame Oil Chicken
One of my favourite confinement food
Ingredients:

1 packet of Mid Joint Wings ( About 30 wings)
15 Chinese Mushrooms
7 Slices of Ginger
5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
Oyster Sauce
1 Tbs Dark Soya Sauce
Sesame Oil
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 Tsp Salt

Steps:

  1. Marinate wings with Dark Soya Sauce, 3 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce and 2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil for 1/2 hour.
  2. In another bowl, soak the mushrooms till soft.
  3. In a wok, heat 4 Tablespoon sesame oil and add ginger and garlic. Fry for 5 mins or till fragrant.
  4. Add in the marinated wings and stir fry for 15 mins. 
  5. Add water, 4 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce, 1 Teaspoon salt and stir. 
  6. Lower to small heat and simmer for 10 mins.
  7. Squeeze dry the mushrooms, turn to high heat and add to the wings. Stir fry.
  8. Lower to small heat  and simmer for another 30 mins.
  9. Transfer to plate and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...